Year-long Instructional Planner
Teachers first consider how they want to sequence core CLP units and extend instruction to additional texts. Teachers personalize year-long sequences that build Knowledge, Literacy Skills, Academic Habits, and student independence through a balance of related topics or themes, genres, literary and informational texts,and assignments/assessments that involve writing or speaking to sources.
- When in the year will I teach the OE CLP units?
- When in the year will I add and sequence instruction using locally chosen texts?
- What text genres and types will I select to complement the CLP text sets?
- How will the texts I use explore a diverse set of voices and perspectives across time and cultures?
- How will the year-long plan allow my students to build core proficiencies while learning about a coherent but varied set of topics and themes?
- When and how will I assess my students’ developing proficiencies, knowledge, and skills?